Dear followers, 28 February 2022
Even if guessing the outcome of Putin’s invasion of Ukraine is daunting, we may this far consider these sheer facts, confirmed by various sources :
- Whereas the EU-European Union and its 27 members have rarely agreed on key points rapidly, it seems Putin’s agression gathers European steam with the EU airspace being closed to all Russian planes and all Russian propaganda medias such as Russia Today have been closed.
- The Top 8 Ukrainian cities, including Kiev, Kharkov, Lvov, Odessa and Marioupol are still fully under Ukrainian forces control.
- Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr ZELENSKY is proving both much more courageous than expected but also a remarkable international and national communicator, with key addresses to both Russian and Belarus citizens, and motivating Ukraine’s people of 44 millions to withstand the current Russian agression.
- At least 119 tanks, 624 armoured vehicles, 21 military planes and 9 helicopters, as well as 3,700 Russian troops have been stopped by the Ukrainian army and the courage of Ukraine’s civilians turned country’s defenders.
- A growing number of Russian attack vehicles and tanks are experiencing bad maintenance, lack of oil or sudden stop, provoking significant losses on the ground.
- Not only European citizens are growing more angered at the Russian invadors, but over 1.2m of them have demonstrated in the European cities in 4 days, including 500,000 in Berlin and 200,000 in Estonia this Sunday 27th February, 2022.
- Even worse than that, some 50,000 Russian civilians have gathered sufficient courage to face their dictator Putin, to reject his agression war in the streets, including in Moscow, St-Petersburg and Novossibirsk.
- More food, medical equipment, ammunitions, machine guns and anti-tank weaponry, as well as Stinger missiles are being delivered daily to Ukraine, making it more able to defend itself and save its civil population.
- At least sanctions on Russian banks, Putin and his croonies, as well as the exclusion of Russian banks from the SWIFT system are being decided. Europe and America might also succeed in blocking some €550bn of Russian foreign reserves.
- Stock markets are also retaliating in selling all companies acting in Russia and devaluating the Rouble by the day down to <50% of its February 20th value.
- Top2 French presidential candidates, Macron and Pecresse will do their utmost to stop Putin’s agression and France has the strongest EU army this far, thanks notably to its RAFALE fighters and its nuclear power.
François P. VALLET, ESCP EUROPE Graduate, International Executive and polyglot. Speaker.